Han a short film : the emotional impact of production design
Liew, Julie Heather Shan Ting
Date of Issue2016-05-09
School of Art, Design and Media
Seamless production design allows viewers to be fully invested in the characters and narrative, and that was exactly what I hoped to achieve for Han (2016) and create an authentic and thoughtful backdrop for the dramatic narrative. Production preparations were made to shoot 80% of the film in South Korea, and the remaining 20% to be shot in Singapore required the planning and construction of a prison visitation room set. Despite the obvious challenges, there was great thought and detail put into building the world of Han (2016), and I discuss those processes, decisions and experiences in this essay.
Final Year Project (FYP)
Nanyang Technological University