iOS medication assistant App - MEDAIDE
Beh, Jun Ming
Date of Issue2016-04-20
School of Computer Engineering
In Singapore, private healthcare institutions provide 80% of the primary healthcare services and the government provides the remaining 20%. With the growing needs for better healthcare services, Singapore has launched an initiative termed “NEHR” (National Electronic Health Record) in 2011 to facilitate seamless delivery of healthcare services between government and private healthcare institutions. However, even with the NEHR initiative, the challenges of medication adherence and awareness still remain. This project aims to explore an extension of the NEHR system by allowing the public to access their personal medical information with the help of mobile technologies. An iOS mobile application is developed with the objective to improve medication adherence and awareness. The research and requirements gathering were done extensively through scholarly journals from medical online portals. A survey was also conducted to analyze the market demands and needs of providing this service to the public. All in all, based on the requirements gathering and survey results, the two key influencing factors of having a mechanism for medication taking and easy accessibility of medication information are incorporated as the core functionalities of the mobile application.
DRNTU::Engineering::Computer science and engineering
Final Year Project (FYP)
Nanyang Technological University