Submission procedures for students' works
Students are to submit the
full text of their final year reports, theses and dissertation to the
Library Digital Repository, DR-NTU at http://repository.ntu.edu.sg/.
DR-NTU is an online digital archive that stores and provides access to
academic and research publications of staff and students of NTU.
Students' work will be stored in the restricted portion of the Repository
where access is given to only NTU staff and students. This is a
guideline for submission of works by students.
This submission procedure
applies to the following groups of students:
- Final year students are to submit the final
version of their final year project (FYP) / applied research
project (ARP) reports in full text to the
- Higher degree students obtaining their Master
degree by coursework and who opt to submit a dissertation as part of
their course requirements need to submit their dissertation in full
text to DR-NTU.
- PhD students and students pursuing higher
degrees by research need to submit their
Students' works which are
considered by schools to be confidential (e.g. those that contain
proprietary or sensitive information of collaborating parties) are
exempted from submission to DR-NTU. Your supervisor or school
will inform you if you are not required to submit.
report/thesis/dissertation to the DR-NTU once it has been approved by
your academic supervisor. For actual dates, please refer to
guidelines from your school.
- Orientate your page layout to portrait
- Convert the full text of your
report/thesis/dissertation to unsecured PDF
- Submit your report/thesis/dissertation
as 1 single file (e.g. put appendices, tables, bibliography, etc.,
together and not as separate items).
- Accompanying materials (e.g. photo
journal, video, audio, etc) in digital format are to be uploaded as
separate files, preferably in common multimedia formats. Please keep each file below 100MB. If you have a file that is larger than 100MB, split up the file into a few smaller files.
- When your document is prepared, go to DR-NTU
- Click on My DR-NTU Login
to sign in using your student network account.
- Do not use your full email
address (i.e. omit "@ntu.edu.sg")
- Do not specify domain (i.e.
- Click on the option "Start a new
- Choose the appropriate heading under the abbreviated name of your
school, e.g. CEE student reports or HSS theses.
- Follow the instruction on the screen and enter all the necessary
- You will be instructed to upload the file.
- Log out of the system on completion of the submission.
If you encounter any
problems or require clarification, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.